Monday, 9 September 2013

Welcome!!

Welcome!! If you are reading this, your bank account is down to its last couple of dollars and you are tipping your handbag upside down for loose change to try and survive until payday. I guess that makes at least two of us (YAY, Friends!!)

I guess the best place to start is to explain why I am so damn broke. Let's take this baby back to.. oh I don't know lets just say 9:30am Monday the 1st of April 2013, where I was at my job, quietly hoping someone would call in a bomb threat. I didn't hate my job, but then again I didn't love it, I tolerated it because I earned decent money but I was comfortably stuck. Forward to the same day 3 hours later and I am sitting in my car freakin' out because I've just been made redundant. Being the type of person I am, I told myself to stay positive and hit the ground running. Two months later, I'm lucky (and desperate) enough to find a new job which paid more than I was earning at my last. It didn't matter that it was over an hour and a halves drive from home, the extra money would make up for that, and I was going to LOVE IT!! (Duh). Turns out parking is $12.00 a day, my boss is an ass hole and I'm stuck doing a job that makes me want to crawl into the foetal position and hide under the bed whenever my morning alarm went off. 
I lasted just under 3 months before I started looking for another job. When I think about it, I did pretty well to not quit after my first day. 

Finally the day came when I got offered another job. It was for an amazing company that I could really be passionate about and allowed me to pretty much manage myself and let the creative juices flow. It was basically everything I ever wished for. Except it paid $10k PA less than I was previously earning and it paid monthly (big giant fuck!).
So now, here I am. I have $20.00 in my bank account, no food in the cupboards and its 6 days until payday (sounds familiar, am I right?). But that's OK, because I'm finally in a place in my life where I have a sense of accomplishment and come home happy. So, we will get through this together. I'm going to help you put together a decent meal without heading down the 2 minute noodle aisle. And seriously, do not even think about getting takeaway. That shit is expensive. I can feed you for 4 nights on what 1 meal would cost!! 
So, lets get this shit started and by all means, if you have a recipe or tip you want to share, go right ahead. We are a team- you scratch my back and we will scratch your.

Much love.
xx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment